Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Product design

My product design is a overhead kitchen cabinet that can move so that the elderly can reach the cabinet at ease whilst saving space as we can use the inaccessible space near the celling while still making it easy to reach.

I came up with this idea while thinking about how i saw my grandmother trying to reach for something in the overhead cabinets.

I thought that it would be good to bring it down and just leave it there but then realized that it would be too messy if i had just brought down all the cups and plates and such.

At first i thought i could invent a robotic arm inside the cabinet to bring the cups and plates down but that would be too expensive so i decided to come up with a system that will enable the cabinet to move up and down. I stuck to the automated feature of it moving up and down automatically but then changed it to manual for ease of a working model as well as lower cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment